Welcome to Honeypot Tours with Leigh Waite
Leigh Waite is a friendly and professional Blue Badge Tourist Guide who can really help to add that special touch to your group outing, private tour or work/school trip. She offers guided walking and coach tours as well as familiarisation visits for individuals and companies, school group visits, hotel and airport transfers (also meet and greet services), conference programmes and is happy to work with individual clients and groups, large and small. She has worked as a steward and guide in country houses and a medieval guildhall and has obtained a Blue Badge tourist guiding qualification. Leigh is an active member of both of the national professional bodies for guides, The Institute of Tourist Guiding and The Guild of Registered Tourist Guides.
The Heart of England and Shakespeare Country
Leigh is based in Warwickshire, in the Heart of England and Shakespeare Country, and offers tours and tour planning services across a very wide and fascinating section of the country, including Stratford upon Avon, Warwick, Kenilworth, Coventry, the West Midlands including Birmingham and The Black Country, the beautiful and quintessentially English Cotswolds, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, and Shropshire. She can help you follow in the footsteps of inspirational authors such as CS Lewis and Lewis Carroll, JRR Tolkien in Oxford and Birmingham, or William Shakespeare in Stratford. Visit Coventry and discover its hidden gems of heritage and industrial innovation. Follow in the footsteps of Queen Elizabeth I and Robert Dudley at the romantically ruined Kenilworth Castle. Discover fascinating facts you never knew about Birmingham, or simply enjoy the beauty of the Cotswolds over a wonderful cream tea. Leigh is very flexible and enjoys working with clients to create a perfect tour or visit and will work hard to create a bespoke tour tailored to their precise requirements. Whatever the needs and desires of your group, Leigh can help you bring that touch of magic to your tour as she brings the country and its wealth of historical and cultural venues to life for you and your group. She will look after you and your clients, entertain you and inform in an engaging and always professional manner.
Please email or call to discuss your requirements and for a personalised quotation.
A Twist to your Tour, or Something Unusual for your Group?
Leigh offers themed tours through out the Heart of England region, for example;
- The Romantic Heart – follow Elizabeth I and Robert Dudley throughout Warwickshire – visit dramatic Warwick Castle and charming Warwick town and then travel onto England’s most romantic ruined castle, Kenilworth, the setting for Dudley’s famous festivities in 1575.
- The Creative Heart – visit mellow, hallowed Oxford and discover the city that has inspired Tolkien, CS Lewis and Phillip Pullman to create some of the best loved literature of our time. Discover Alice’s Wonderland and see the sites made so famous by Colin Dexter’s Inspector Morse. Step inside ancient colleges and take in beautiful “quad” gardens and enjoy fabulous food and varied shopping. It’s a city with something for everyone.
- The Scenic Heart gardens and scenery. Whether you want to stroll in tranquil, beautiful surroundings, seek inspiration or to admire technical or design prowess, the Heart of England has a garden to suit everyone. Explore the newly re-created Elizabethan knot garden at Kenilworth which is scenery truly fit for a Queen, or perhaps stroll through charming, colourful and fragrant cottage gardens at Anne Hathaway's Cottage or Shakespeare's Birthplace. Hidcote and Kiftsgate Gardens are the place to explore colour and plant themes, giant climbing plants and carefully planned but exquisite gardening elegance.
- The Hungry Heart cream teas in the Cotswolds, luxury dining at Daylesford, The Pudding Club, The Balti Triangle and Ludlow’s Food festival, plus many more!
- The Industrious Heart innovation and revolution with Matthew Boulton in Birmingham, the birth of bicycles and cars in Coventry and Victorian innovation at its best throughout the region.
- The Black Heart visit the Black Country, home to Jasper Carrott, giant cow pies and the Tipton Slasher!
For a small extra fee, why not book Leigh to conduct your tour in one of her fabulous historical costumes? She can show you the delights of Kenilworth, Warwick or Stratford in Tudor gown and hood. Alternatively she can meet you in Victorian attire to stroll along Coventry’s cobbled backstreets.
Ghost Tours in the historic heart of Coventry
Are you ready to take a journey into the dark and mysterious side of the historic heart of Coventry? Your guides are figures from long ago and with them, you will embark upon a trip packed with stories of ghosts and spirits, murder, mystery and mayhem.
Along the way, your guides will tell you tales of the historical past, and delve into the shadows of the city by twilight. This is an experience to make your spine tingle, to surprise, delight, and to make your blood run cold with fear….
Do you dare to join us? Tickets cost £5 per person, £4 concessions. These tours are ideal for private groups, such as work, hen/stag parties or groups of family and friends.
Please call or email for more details and to discuss your requirements.